Oshino Village Office
Location of Oshino in Yamanashi Prefecture
|• Total||25.05 km2 (9.67 sq mi)|
(May 31, 2015)
|• Density||390/km2 (1,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+9 (Japan Standard Time)|
|• Tree||Taxus cuspidata|
|• Bird||Barn swallow|
|Address||1514 Shinobugusa Oshino-mura Minimitsuru-gun, Yamanashi-ken 401-0511|
Oshino (忍野村, Oshino-mura) is a village in Yamanashi Prefecture, Japan. As of 1 June 2019[update], the village has an estimated population of 9,710 in 4028 households, and a population density of 390 persons per km2. The total area of the village is 25.05 square kilometres (9.67 sq mi).
Oshino is located in southeastern Yamanashi Prefecture, in the foothills of Mount Fuji. The village is noted for its abundant spring water from Mount Fuji.
Per Japanese census data, the population of Oshino has grown slightly over the past 30 years.
The village has a climate characterized by characterized by hot and humid summers, and relatively mild winters (Köppen climate classification Cfb). The average annual temperature in Oshino is 9.4 °C. The average annual rainfall is 1804 mm with September as the wettest month.
During the Edo period, all of Kai Province was tenryō territory under direct control of the Tokugawa shogunate. With the establishment of the modern municipalities system in the early Meiji period on April 1, 1889, the village of Oshino was created within Minamitsuru District, Yamanashi Prefecture.
Oshino has one public elementary school and one public junior high school operated by the village government. The village does not have a high school.
The village is also not serviced by the national highway network.
Sister city relations
- Eight springs of Mount Fuji
- Oshino Village official statistics(in Japanese)
- Oshino population statistics
- Oshino climate data
- Oshino Village official history(in Japanese)
- FANUC Corporation
- "International Exchange". List of Affiliation Partners within Prefectures. Council of Local Authorities for International Relations (CLAIR). Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 21 November 2015.
-  Oshino Tourist Information Center official home page (in Japanese)
Media related to Oshino, Yamanashi at Wikimedia Commons
- Official Website (in Japanese)