Ngee Ann Polytechnic
|Ngee Ann College|
Ngee Ann Technical College (1968-1982)
|Established||16 April 1963|
|Chairman||Mr Tang Kin Fei|
|Principal||Mr Clarence Ti Boon|
535 Clementi Road, Singapore 599489
There are a total of 9 academic schools providing 39 full-time courses.
|Full Time Courses|
|School of Business & Accountancy (BA)||Common Business Programme||N97|
|Diploma in Accountancy||N51|
|Diploma in Banking & Finance||N53|
|Diploma in Business Studies||N45|
|Diploma in International Trade & Business||N85|
|Diploma in Tourism & Resort Management||N72|
|School of Design & Environment (DE)||Diploma in Design||N12|
|Diploma in Hotel & Leisure Facilities Management||N40|
|Diploma in Real Estate Business||N48|
|School of Engineering (SOE)||Common Engineering Programme||N71|
|Diploma in Aerospace Engineering||N65|
|Diploma in Automation & Mechatronic Systems||N50|
|Diploma in Biomedical Engineering||N60|
|Diploma in Electrical Engineering||N43|
|Diploma in Electronic & Computer Engineering||N44|
|Diploma in Engineering Science||N93|
|Diploma in Marine & Offshore Technology||N42|
|Diploma in Mechanical Engineering||N41|
|School of Humanities & Social Sciences (HMS)||Diploma in Art Business Management||N91|
|Diploma in Chinese Media & Communication||N88|
|Diploma in Chinese Studies||N70|
|Diploma in Community Development||N11|
|Diploma in Early Childhood Development & Education||N96|
|Diploma in Tamil Studies with Early Education||N95|
|School of Health Sciences (HS)||Diploma in Nursing||N69|
|Diploma in Optometry||N83|
|School of Film & Media Studies (FMS)||Diploma in Mass Communication||N67|
|Diploma in Media Post-Production||N13|
|Diploma in Film, Sound & Video||N82|
|School of InfoComm Technology (ICT)||Common ICT Programme||N98|
|Diploma in Cybersecurity & Digital Forensics||N94|
|Diploma in Data Science||N81|
|Diploma in Information Technology||N54|
|Diploma in Immersive Media||N55|
|School of Life Sciences & Chemical Technology (LSCT)||Diploma in Biomedical Science||N59|
|Diploma in Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering||N56|
|Diploma in Environmental & Water Technology||N74|
|Diploma in Landscape Design & Horticulture||N57|
|Diploma in Pharmaceutical Science||N73|
|School of Interdisciplinary Studies (IS)||N/A||N/A|
The polytechnic also offers part-time programmes for adult learners through the CET Academy. Established in 1985, the CET Academy now trains more than 10,000 adults and conducts over 200 courses every year. Through a series of lectures, workshops, seminars and conferences, students are able to interact and gain new expertise with fellow students and lecturers.
Ngee Ann Learning Model
The polytechnic was one of the first institutions of higher learning to articulate a broad-based and multidisciplinary approach to learning. The Ngee Ann Learning Model (NLM) was developed with the understanding that Singapore's knowledge-based economy requires well-rounded, employable individuals with both hard and soft skills.
Under the NLM, students can choose from some 70 elective modules in areas such as business communication, innovation and enterprise, culture and communication, personal mastery and development, arts and humanities, design, and science and technology. These modules make up 15 percent of the curriculum and are offered by the School of Interdisciplinary Studies.
The polytechnic offers signature pedagogies in the professions, which aim to nurture graduates who are work-ready through teaching practices that mirror that of the professions they are being trained for. In other words, it is about nurturing students to think, do and act in the same manner as experts in the field.
Programmes and scholarships
- The NP Youth Academy setup by the polytechnic offers programmes for every student anchored in the areas of leadership, character building, and personal development.
- The Christieara Programme is a talent development programme designed to stretch the potential of high performing students through flagship initiatives such as Overseas Merit Fellowships and Service Learning trips.
- The polytechnic awards more than 1,000 scholarships every year, and over 6,000 students benefit from financial grants amounting to about $15 million a year.
- The polytechnic offers more than 100 student clubs and societies in sports, arts & culture, special interests, and community service.
- The Sandbox is an innovation incubator providing resources and mentorship to enable students to turn their ideas into reality, and promoting entrepreneurship.
- Innovation Toolkit is a prescribed module offered by the School of Interdisciplinary Studies that aims to build up creativity and innovation competencies in students. It is currently being offered to over 4000 full-time students each year. It is also offered as a CET programme, both as a course and a consultancy project.
Every student gets a chance to travel for overseas exposure. More than 4,000 students from the polytechnic go on trips such as internships, immersion programmes, study visits, community service and competitions.
Sports and Recreation
- Convention Centre
- Sports Complex
- Music Box
- The Loft@94, apartment block for students
- The Attic
- The House for Staff and Alumni
- Student Plaza
- Lifestyle Library
- Adventure Park
- Swimming Pool (Olympic-sized)
- Basketball court
- Tennis court (Rooftop)
- Track and Field
- Squash court
- Futsal court
- Netball court
- Optometry Centre
- Green Mall
Lien Ying Chow Library
- Lifestyle Library
- Academic Library
- Wealth Creation InfoCentre
- Lien Ying Chow Gallery
- Electronic Resources and Databases
- Makan Place @ Blk 51
- MUNCH @ Blk 73
- Poolside @ Blk 18
- Food Club @ Blk 22
- Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf @ Blk 58
- Cupplets @ Blk 18
- Subway @ Makan Place
- Old Chang Kee @ Blk 73
- Each-a-Cup @ Lien Ying Chow Library
- D'Kuang Cafe @ Blk 1 Atrium
- 7-Eleven @ Blk 82
Started in 2005, RED (Roadmap to Explore and Discover) Camp is a 3-day non-residential camp for graduating secondary school students to experience life as a NP student. The participants will get to find out more about Ngee Ann Polytechnic's courses through exciting activities from all 8 academic schools, as well as taking part in CCA try-outs, mass dance and other camp activities.
RED Camp typically takes place in November, after the end of the Singapore-Cambridge GCE Ordinary Level.
The polytechnic was conferred the Singapore Quality Class Star Award for demonstrating business excellence. The polytechnic was also awarded the President's Award for the Environment in 2014.
- Alan Tam - Music Artiste
- Alaric Tay - Actor
- Andie Chen - Actor
- Anthony Chen - Filmmaker and first Singaporean to win the Camera d'Or award in the Cannes Film Festival
- Boo Junfeng - Filmmaker
- Cruz Teng - Programme Director at MediaCorp 93.3FM
- Derrick Hoh - Music Artist
- Gerald Koh - Radio DJ at MediaCorp 987FM
- Hazlina Abdul Halim - Television Presenter
- Jamie Yeo - Presenter at ESPN and Radio DJ at Gold 90.5FM
- Jean Danker - Radio DJ at MediaCorp Class 95FM
- Joshua Simon - Radio DJ at Kiss 92FM
- Lee Li Lian - Former Member of Parliament, Singapore
- Lucas Ngoo - Co-founder of Carousell (company)
- Maddy Barber - Radio DJ at Kiss 92FM
- Marcus Tan - Co-founder of Carousell (company)
- Mohd Fahmi Aliman - Member of Parliament, Singapore
- Nick Teo - Actor
- Quek Siu Rui - Co-founder of Carousell (company)
- Richard Yeo Swee Chye - Scientist, Inventor & Founder of SuperUSA Nutrition Inc & Multi Sensing Inc
- Richie Koh - Actor
- Shane Pow - Actor
- Sim Wong Hoo - Founder of Creative Technology
- Tzang Merwyn Tong - Filmmaker
- Vanessa Fernandez - Music Artiste and Programme Director at MediaCorp 987FM
- Vernetta Lopez - Radio DJ at MediaCorp Gold 90.5FM
- Yung Raja - Musician, Rapper
- "History of Ngee Ann Polytechnic".
- "History of Ngee Ann Polytechnic".
- "Full-Time Diplomas | Ngee Ann Polytechnic". www.np.edu.sg. Retrieved 2020-08-08.
- Khew, Carolyn (2 September 2014). "Individual, education institutions awarded President's Award for the Environment". The Straits Times.
- Loh, Genevieve Sarah (27 May 2013). "Singapore film Ilo Ilo wins historic Cannes prize". TODAY.